Privacy & Cookies
Woodenbridge Golf Club is fully committed to adhering to the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 and to respecting your privacy rights. This privacy statement sets out how we process personal data and information that you give to us. We are committed to protecting your personal information. You are not required to provide us with personal data unless you wish to avail of our services, receive updates about club and associated events.
This privacy statement explains:
- Who we are and why we collect your personal data
- For how long we hold your data and who receives it
- How you may request the personal data we store about you
- Who to contact about data protection issues in our organisation
Who we are and what we do
At Woodenbridge Golf Club, we provide sporting facilities for members and visitors and employment and services to our staff. This privacy notice is intended for all individuals who are members and avail of our services.
Data we collect
We collect personal data that identifies you as a member of Woodenbridge Golf Club upon registration as a member and consented for its use for the purposes set out in this privacy statement. The personal information we collect includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, GUI number and date of birth. In collecting and processing your data we are committed to:
- Putting you in control of your privacy and providing you with clear choices
- Being transparent about how we collect and use your data
- Securely protecting the data your entrust to us and data processors used by us, using appropriate organisational and technical measures
- Adhering to data protection laws
The personal data that you provide us with will only be used for the purpose for which it has been originally obtained.
We will not share the personal data you provide with third parties for marketing or fundraising purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area.
Why we collect data
For the purposes of administering and managing memberships and also organising golf, social and fund raising activities.
Any personal information that you provide will only be used for the purposes for which it has been provided and reasonable incidental purposes only. It will be treated with the highest standards of confidentiality and security and in strict accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
How long we hold data
The length of time we hold your data will depend on the purposes for which we obtained it. We will only hold this data for as long as we deem necessary.
We will take appropriate legal, organisational and technical measures to protect your personal information and use a variety of security measures and procedures to safeguard your data against unauthorised access, disclosure or use.
Respecting your rights
We are committed to upholding your rights as an individual. These rights include:
- Right of access – the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of rectification – the right to correct data we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can request information we hold about you to be erased from our records. This will be done in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to restriction of data processing – in certain circumstances, you have a right to restrict the processing of data. This will be done in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of portability – The right of data portability applies to data that we process automatically provided to us by you and that we are processing based on your consent or to fulfil a contract.
- Right to object – You have a right to object to certain types of data processing such as direct marketing.
To make a personal data request, please use the contact point for us listed in this privacy statement.
Who to contact about data protection issues
If you wish to contact us regarding data protection issues or to make a personal data request, you may do so via the following options:
Post your enquiry to: Honorary Secretary, Data Privacy Officer, Woodenbridge Golf Club Vale of Avoca, Woodenbridge County Wicklow.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is processed by us or how your data processing complaint has been handled by us, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. The contact details for the Data Protection Commissioner’s office is as follows:
Post: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Telephone: +353 (0761) 104 800; LoCall 1890 25 22 31